This, is me

I've wanted to tell my story for a long time.
For nearly 30 years I have been silent.
This, is me.

I'm not too sure how to start this blog, I'll be honest. I get moments of clarity that are quickly shrouded in silence. I've been meaning to create some sort of blog to tell my story, even if nobody else reads it. I guess, in a way, this is my catharsis: my release, a way to purge all the negative emotions I don't show to anyone else.

I'm currently 29 and I am a survivor. I have survived rape, physical beatings, mental abuse, eating disorders, depression and attempted suicide. I have been in unhealthy relationships, I have abused drugs and alcohol, I also lost my family when they found out about the abuse in my life. I'm still here though!

As I write the first page of my blog, my partner is sleeping, my daughter is watching a programme about cats and my dogs are doing their best to get into my bin. It's a little over freezing outside and it feels the same inside my 2 bedroomed flat. I'm currently situated on a housing estate, I'm also surrounded by many unsavory characters, I'll probably end up mentioning them later on in the blog.

I've just been watching a programme about a woman who was raped by her brother and birthed his child. I felt really empowered by her story, her courage and her strength and that is what prompted me to share my story. I hope that one day, someone will see this and will feel encouraged to speak out about their life too.

The daughter has just decided to draw on herself, so I guess this is the end of page one. Sorry I couldn't write more, I still feel silenced in a way. Eventually, I'll feel more confident in my writing and my ability to convey my feelings and emotions onto paper (or computer in this case!).

Stay strong,
Leah x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Black Dog" depression